Work Visas

Work Visas

If you have the skills and capabilities to enhance Australia's economy and workforce, then you may be eligible to migrate to Australia by applying for an Australian Work visa. These visas are specifically designed to encourage applicants to obtain sponsorship through an employer or to secure an employer. Many foreigners choose to live and work in Australia because of the lifestyle and employment opportunities offered.

Employers seeking to sponsor or hire foreign workers can visit our Australian Employer Services page.

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa

(Subclass 482)

Are you required to fill a temporary skills shortage for an Australian Employer? The 482 is a temporary visa, which entitles skilled workers to work in Australia for up to four years if they are sponsored by an approved Australian employer. It is essential for your professional skills or work experience to be relevant to the position you are applying for in Australia.

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa

(Subclass 186)

For Australian employers looking to sponsor skilled workers to live and work full-time in Australia, there is the Employer Nomination Scheme. The applicant must have the relevant qualifications and work experience in the nominated occupation, and be nominated in an eligible skilled occupation as outlined in the Combined list of eligible skilled occupations.

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa

(Subclass 494)

This is a provisional visa. You can stay in Australia for a period of 5 years from when your visa is granted. You must be employed to work in the nominated occupation and in a position within the sponsoring business or an associated entity of that business, located in a designated regional area of Australia. It provides benefits including a pathway to permanent residency (Subclass 191).

Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA)

(Subclass 482 to Subclass 186)

Under the Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), employers are able to sponsor skilled and semi-skilled overseas workers for positions they are unable to fill with local workers. It applies to States and Territories with DAMA agreements and is custom-made to address current and growing labour market shortages and local terms and conditions of employment.

Working Holiday Visa

(Subclass 417)

Enjoy an extended holiday in Australia in addition to finding short term employment to fund your travels with the Working Holiday and the Work and Holiday visa programs. Work visas that provide individuals between the ages of 18-30/35 years old the opportunity to work and live in Australia for up to 3 years.

Training Visa

(Subclass 407)

Are you required to do additional workplace training to obtain an occupational licence or registration, or wish to enhance your skills in an eligible occupation? The Training visa (Subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development.

Work and Holiday Visa

(Subclass 462)

The Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) is a visa for young adults who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to 3 years. It is a visa that offers the holder an extended holiday in Australia and the ability to work to help fund their trip.

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa

(Subclass 400)

This visa is a temporary visa that lets the visa holder enter Australia

  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work; and
  • participate in an event or events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation; and/or
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.

The visa holder can stay in Australia up to three months where required (and in limited or exceptional circumstances, up to six months). Please note that we have been successful in obtaining many 6-month Subclass 400 visas our corporate clients – however, we point out that if the visa is granted, it will be at the discretion of the assessing officer if the officer will grant the visa the standard 3-month period or the requested 6-month period. Important – please note that a subsequent Subclass 400 cannot be made while the visa holder/applicant is onshore (i.e. in Australia) and a Subclass 400 cannot be granted if it is proposed the visa applicant to be in Australia on a Subclass 400 more than 6-months in the last 12-months period.
Requirement Highly Specialised Work
This visa be applied to do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work in Australia if the applicant  specialised skills, knowledge or experience that both:

  • assist Australian business; and
  • cannot reasonably be found in the Australian labour market.

Non-ongoing work means work that is likely to be completed within 6 months or less, and the visa holder does expect or arrange to stay in Australia after this time any reason related to that work.
Highly specialised work is usually work that either:

  • is by people an occupation listed in Major Groups 1, 2 or 3 (i.e. Professional or Trade based Occupations) of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO); or
  • needs skills and knowledge that are specific to an international company, such as installing imported equipment, after-sales service or emergency repairs.

apply a subclass 400

  • direct, produce or have any other role in a production that will be shown in Australia (you will need to provide a distribution contract or other evidence to support this); and
  • come to Australia a promotional activity, example:an actor visiting Australia a red-carpet premiere; and
  • a rock band in Australia a promotional tour but no performances.

Contact us or book a consultation